Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Vegas Testimony: Sex Slave Scam

Recently I've landed a job for TFC USA as a personal assistant with the freedom to continue my modeling. I was to be trained in Las Vegas for two months while studying my finance books for my financing license. My pay was $35 an hr, housing (hotel)and food was paid for. then I was to re-locate to Atlanta, Georgia to the corporate office. Too good to be true? Indeed it was. I flew over to Vegas with my life packed in my luggage to begin a new chapter. Before I had left I checked out every possible detail of this job and even my mother spoke with my "boss" and gave me the thumbs up. Upon my arrival my new "boss" greats me at baggage claim. An African-American who severely needed a haircut, dressed in a black, suede jogging suit and tennis shoes paired with a striped polo shirt. Not the image I had expected in meeting my new "boss" that would be paying me $35 an hour and is supposedly banking being the owner of this million dollar company. He explained to me he had lost his wallet with all of his credit cards, cash and identification when I asked for his I.D. to send a photo of it home. That should have been my first sign. As my mother has always said to me, "You're too trusting StormyGayle and one day it will bite you in the butt." And I was. I gave this man the benefit of the doubt and understood that people sometimes lose their wallets. He asked me for the money in my wallet and I then explained that I had to spend my cash on my luggage to fly with me and how expensive airports food and drinks were. In other words, no dude, you're supposed to be MY boss, paying ME. There was my second sign that I over looked. He declared we'd have to say at the airport till morning until we could go to a western union to pick up some money. I asked how so if he didn't have an I.D. and he replied with I told them to send it in your name. Again I understand he had lost his wallet along with his I.D. to I overlooked that as well. If someone had owned a company and were paying for all of my expenses along with $35 an hour couldn't they just call their office and have a car sent over? Or even one of his employees to be there to get us? There's my fourth sign I missed. After sitting in the airport for a while, I complained about how exhausted I was from my traveling and couldn't wait to get to my hotel "The Gold Spike." Then my job description changed and I realized I was now a victim of a sex slave scam. Terrance Douglas, my new boss, then said "Well how tired are you? We can go make some money right now, we're in Vegas, men come here to party, gamble, and have sex. If you see 10 men in one day and charge them $$ for an hour than you'll have this amount of money in this amount of days." BAM! PawPaw flashed in my head along with images of my family and friends over the years, images of my loved ones searching for me, images of my loved ones crying over the mangled remains of my sold, used body. I played it cool, no matter how horrible the thoughts were in my head and how much I was freaking out on the inside, I remained cool, calm and collected. I excused myself leaving my luggage and taking my purse and phone with me to the ladies room. I called home to my mother and explained to her what was going on, to call Dad and tell him because I was leaving the ladies room and returning to my baggage and not trying to raise suspicion. Terrance Douglas was not the person I thought he was so I did not know how he would react if I didn't play along until finding my safest exit. I returned to our seats and my Dad called. He was freaking out telling me to get the hell away from him, to call the police and I was having a completely different conversation with him. "Ok Dad, I'll text you my license number for that paperwork so you can send it in for me" and hung up. Now I can only imagine what my parents are going through at this point and ignored it and put my phone on silent and ignored their calls while digging in my purse pretending to look for my I.D. when I told my new "boss" I thought I had dropped it and was going to the desk to see if anyone had turned it in. I approached the desk and spoke in a low voice for them to act normal, and as I explained to them what was going on and I needed them to call the police for me I lost it and the sting of the first tear smudged the picture perfect makeup I had applied before my flight in order to look my best for my new "boss." They called the police and he was arrested and during me filling out my report I read on the detectives notes the real name of my "boss." The man I knew as Terrance Douglas was actually Terrance Granberry. He had scammed me under the pretense that I was to have this badass job and he was really going to sell my body in Las Vegas. I'm so thankful I made it back home. I never have been more appreciative of waking in my own bed and seeing the loving faces of my family and friends and as irritated I use to get at my dogs, Jake & Jasmine, for licking me I am appreciative I get to have them love on me again. I hope my testimony and my story will help others see that it can happen to anyone. I feel embarrassed and ignorant, I know I shouldn't because that's how well put together the scam was, but normally I do. I never ever for a second thought I would ever be put in such a position in a million years, but it can happen to anyone. I hope some will learn from my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment