Saturday, March 17, 2012

Being a Good Mother

Not so long ago my Mother asked me that while growing older, if I considered her as a "good Mother." As simple as it would be to reply with a "yes" or a "no" of course a person such as myself would make it complex and go further into the logistics of such a question. So here's what I said and would say to anyone else for the matter.

What is considered a "Good Mother?" Who I may believe to be a good mother someone else may not. I was always fed, clothes and I had a roof over my head. Sometimes I had to walk to a location I desired to go to or needed to be, but you supplied the shoes on my feet. We got into a few altercations at times but you taight me right from wrong. You grounded me just because you felt like it at times for no expected reason but I didn't end up pregnant one weekend at those underage house parties where the parents let their kids and friends drink. You went into such a depression when my sister died and you would sleep for days and forget that you had other children that were still alive and needed their mom, but I learned how to be independent and learned how to handle responsibility. There's so much more I could say and give example to but the question was "are you a good Mom?" Yes. I love who I am today, I feel as I became a bright, well rounded young woman. Other people may say otherwise because everyone has different beliefs in how children should be reared. As long as your children see you as a "Good Mother" that's all that matters. So I stand at the answer of "yes" for the kind of mother you were taught me how to be the kind of mother I want my children to have.


Till I feed you lil chicken stalkers once again.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment